Poker was evolving through years, especially in the second half of twentieth century. At the beginning Poker was played in Missisipis riverboats. It was a game with only 20 cards in the deck. 4 players gets 5 cards, and the one this the best hand won the game. Nowadays there are lots of different kind of Poker Games.
1. Different kind of poker games
Different kind of poker games
- Texas Holdem
- Omaha Hi-low
- 5 card draw
- 7 card stud
1.Texas Hold'emEach player is dealt two private cards that only he can see. The other five cards are Five community cards dealt on the table. Players in the game use these cards in combination with their own cards to make best possible five-card poker hand. In Texas Hold'em players can use any combination of those seven cards (zero, one or two private cards and five, four or three table cards) to make the best possible five-card poker hand. Players can use zero, one or two private cards to make poker hand.
2. Omaha – each player is dealt four hole card, that only he can see. The other five cards are dealt on the table, like in Texas Holdem. Players must use only two hole cards and three cards from the table to create the best five card poker hand. Any other combination isn't possible.
3. Omaha High-low – each player is dealt four hole card, that only he can see. The other five cards are dealt on the table, like in Texas Holdem. Players must use only two hole cards and three cards from the table to create the best five card poker hand. The pot is divided between the best high and the best low poker hands. The main rule for Omaha Hi/Lo is “8 or better”, which means that hand must be 8-7-6-5-4 or lower to take a low portion of the pot (straights and flushes does not count). The pot is divided only if there is a low pot, if doesn't only the highest hand wins the pot.
Look at the example for the lowest hands (from the best to the worst):
5, 4, 3, 2, A
6, 4, 3, 2, A
6, 5, 4, 3, 2
7, 5, 4, 3, 2
7, 6, 5, 2, A
7, 6, 5, 4, 2
8, 4, 3, 2, A
8, 6, 4, 2, A
8, 7, 6, 5, 3
8, 7, 6, 5, 4
5 card draw – is probably one of the easiest games to understand the rules. Each player is dealt 5 hole cards, that only he can see. There is only one draw, where players can replace selected cards (if they want to). In this kind of poker, there are only two betting rounds, before the draw and after the draw.
7 card stud 2-7 draw (Lowball) – it's a kind of draw poker, where players are dealt 5 hole cards. After first round of betting every player can draw selected cards (from 0 to all 5). After this draw there is another round of betting. If there are still at least two players, there will be showdown between them. In this kind of poker, the best hand is with the lowest cards. You should remember that flushes and straights are counting to the hand, and Aces are always counting as highest card.
2. Poker help - Rules Texas Holdem
To know the rules of poker you can read the rules below, or check them out in practice, passing Governor of Poker Tutorial. You will know there basics of poker, card combinations, tactics or even how to bluff.
- The blinds
- Player options
- The pre-flop
- The flop
- The turn
- The river
- The showdown
Blinds are amount of chips that are posted by the players before the game. Two players are forced to put it, first on is sitting clockwise to the dealer. „small blind” the other is sitting clockwise to the small blind - „big blind”. Dealer and players who are posting the blinds are changing after each deal of the cards.
Check – it's possible when nobody made a bet earlier. It keeps the cards, but declines the bet.
Bet – it's name for first bet in cards deal.
Call – it's possible when someone already posted a bet. It matches the amount of chips previously betted.
Raise – it's possible when someone already posted a bet. It increases the amount of chips previously betted.
Fold is always possible for player, it discards cards and gives up the pot. When player folds he's no longer avaliable to take part in cards deal.
it's first stage in cards deal. It begins after dealing hole cards, and ends when last player calls, checks(avalible only for big blind, if nobody put a bet higher than big blind) or folds. The action begins to the left of the big blind and goes clockwise.
in this stage, three community cards, which everyone can see, are dealt on the table. Here the action begins to the of the button and also goes clockwise. The actions are similar to pre-flop stage
in this stage one community card is dealt. Everything else is like in flop stage.
it's last stage of cards deal, here another one community card is dealt, players options and order of actions are the same as earlier.
when at least two players remains in action after final betting on „river stage” they will show their hands. The player clockwise from dealer shows his cards first. The player with the best five cards (including hole cards and table cards) hands wins.
3. Poker Help Sheet - Traditional Poker Ranks (Hold'em, Omaha, 7 card stud, Five card draw)
|Royal Flush||~ 0,00000154 or 1/649740|
|Straight flush||~ 0,0000154 or 1/72913|
|Four of a kind||~ 0,00024 or 1/4165|
|Full house||~ 0,00144 or 1/694|
|Flush||~ 0,00197 or 1/509|
|Straight||~ 0,00392 or 1/255|
|Three of a kind||~ 0,0211 or 1/47|
|Two pairs||~ 0,0475 or 1/21|
|One pair||~ 0,423 or 1/2.4|
4. Poker Help - How to improve poker skills?
1. Practice – To be good poker player you need a lot of experience. Ability to „reading” an opponent, knowing power of your own hand comes with time. There are a lot of chances to practice for free. We recommend you our poker leagues on JohnnyBet. You can train there and win real money without single deposit (see more information below).
2. Mentality – after you learn basic skills and get experience in playing, there will be one more important thing in your way to be real poker player. It is your mind, do not play when you are in bad mood, when you are sleepy, tired and so on. Never play when you are drunk. You should prepare very carefully to every poker game. If something is disturbing you, just stop playing. That’s the only way be get most profits from the game.